November 25, 2011

Black Friday

I don't know why everybody calls this Black Friday.  Only black cats allowed???
I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.  We had Hamm, of course. Mama waved it under my nose when she unwrapped it before sticking it into the oven.  And then it smelled and smelled and smelled until we could finally eat and eat and eat.  Didn't care for the peas or the stuffing or anything else that came with it, but let me at the Pumpkin Pie, please! You already know I love pumpkin muffins, don't you?  Well, pumpkin pie is just as good. Every time she opens the frigerator I hope she's getting out leftover hamm or pie! And oh, the smell of that pie baking was almost as good as the hamm that was cooked after it!
And today, Traci camed over.  Thanksgiving was her birthday, so she's going to a pot luck (leftover turkey anyone?) with her family this evening. And she's bringing deviled eggs. Yumm.
Mama sent her home with a piece of my pie!
Mama said everybody goes shopping on Black Friday.  For toys for black cats???  She doesn't go, so I suppose that's why.  But mommy, I'm faded black. Sort of.....
Guess I am lucky she's staying home with me the rest of the day.....
Cuddle time!
love
brandi
Check out Paper bag and String's ten tips for hosting a purrfect holiday party.  Keep it in mind for Chrissymouse!!

5 comments:

Trixie, Lily, and Sammy-Joe said...

Our Mama didn't go shopping for Black Friday either, even though Sammy-Joe is also a faded black cat! Maybe they just want to SECRETLY shop for our presents when we're least suspecting it!

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Sounds like a purrfect black Furriday to us! It was sweet of your Mom to share the ham and pie wif you. We are sum lucky kittehz! xoxo

KitKat, Gizmo and Denali said...

We don't have black friday in Australia, but we celebrated thanksgiving cause my dads american.

Ikaika said...

Cuddling is the best thing to do the day after any holiday! Glad you and your Mama had a good day, Miss Brandi.

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We agree ~ staying home wiv yoo is the PURRfect black Friday! xx